Welcome to the Applecross Forum website

The next Applecross Forum meeting will be held on Wednesday 13 March 2019, 6.30-8.30pm, at the Applecross Community Hall.

A number of reports have been provided prior to the meeting, which outline progress on each of the projects. They can be found here.

An Activity Tracker has also been produced which outlines the main action points from each meeting, and progress to date. The Activity Tracker can be found here.

Agenda

1. Welcome and apologies

2. Minute of the meeting held on Wednesday 5 December 2018

3. Action Tracker and matters arising

4. Update reports (papers on website)

a) Community Council

b) Community Company

c) Recreations & Sports

d) Clachan Church

e) Allotment Scheme

f) Applecross Trust

5.    Applecross Community Woodland Group

6.    Crofting and the creation of new crofts

7.    AOB

 

Date of next meeting

 

 

The next Applecross Forum meeting will be on Wednesday 5 December, 6.30 – 8.30pm, in the Applecross Community Hall.

Agenda

Applecross Forum

1. Welcome and apologies

2. Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 19 September 2018

a.    Action points completed

b.    Action points to be carried over

c.    Matters arising

3.    Applecross Trust update

4.    Community Company: update on Planning Aid Scotland

5.    Sports group: presenting wellbeing policy proposal

6.    Polytunnel / allotments: update on progress

7.    New Chair of Applecross Forum

8.    AOB

9.     Date of next meeting


At the last Applecross Forum on 19 September, JP Vorster presented a proposal for the Applecross Allotment Scheme. You can read about the Applecross Allotment Scheme proposal here.


The next Applecross Forum meeting will be on Wednesday 19 September, at 6.30pm, in the Applecross Community Hall.

Agenda

1. Welcome and apologies

2. Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 3 May 2018

  • Action points completed
  • Action points to be carried over
  • Matters arising

3. Housing

4. Steading

5. Notification of re-letting of Applecross Trust leases

6. Policy agreement for Community Pot

7. Recreation space – presentation on sports facility

8. Polytunnel / allotments – presentation

9. Deer management

10. River Kishorn

11. Environmental sustainability and resilience

12. AOB

13. Date of next meeting

 

All who care about Applecross, whether residents, holiday home owners or visitors are very welcome at Forum meetings. 

The Agenda will be published on local notice boards and on this website. Suggested items for the Agenda should be discussed with one of the working group, Tom O’Halloran, Forum Vice Chairman, Jess Whistance, Secretary, Gill Fairweather, Jon Glover, Sue Groocock, Owen Kilbride, Jackie Liuba, Duncan McCowan and Fiona McKenzie. Alternately, they can be sent by e mail to applecrossforum@hotmail.com. The Minutes of the last meeting, in May, are in the Minutes section of the website.


The working group was formed from volunteers at the Forum launch public meeting in November, 2017. In December a letter was sent to 40 Applecross businesses and organisations inviting them to be represented on the working group. The list of the 40 recipients and the letter can be accessed via  the links below.

ORGANISATIONS & BUSINESSES 1

ORGANISATIONS & BUSINESSES 2

LETTER TO ORGANISATIONS 18.12.17


The Applecross Forum is an exciting new development which will facilitate regular, beneficial and ongoing communication between all stakeholders in Applecross. Such a Forum, believed to be innovative in the Highland context, will provide a completely open platform for dialogue with the Applecross Trust in which all members of our Community will be welcome to take part.

It is hoped that such dialogue will help us all to build an increasingly resilient community. The Forum will meet four times a year, and will be attended by representatives of the Applecross Trust. We hope many members of our community including representatives of a wide range of Applecross organisations and businesses will participate.

The idea of the Forum was born out of the Community Consultation exercise carried out by Strath Caulaidh Ltd, in 2016, and developed by 19 volunteers who, in March 2017, formed the original working group. For more information about how the Forum has come to be formed and how it will work see the “Background” and “Workings” pages of this website.

One of the tasks of the working group was to prepare a “Shared (Community) Vision” in parallel to the Trust’s “Estate Plan” for 2017-’26. These can be viewed via the “Shared Vision” and “Estate Plan” pages of the website.

Advertisements